Peer Review Process
Cuestiones Teológicas Journal will submit all the received articles to a preliminary evaluation by the editorial committee, which will determine the pertinence or not of the publication, according to the proposal of the Journal in relation to its focus, or editorial line, as well as the compliance of the Author Guidelines. When the members of the committee approve the article, it will be sent for an evaluation by external anonymous peers, who will decide if the text is able for publication. If one reviewer approves it and the other rejects it, a third reviewer will be appointed to decide about the publication.
The results of the review or arbitration may be:
- Accepted for publication.
- Accepted, if the author applies the corrections suggested.
In all cases, the authors will be notified about the decision reached regarding the evaluation of the text. It is expected that all the review process, both by the Editorial Committee, and the academic peers, will have an average duration of three months.
Here you can find the format used for the evaluation of articles.
Open Access Policy
This journal grants free access to its contents under the principle of giving a free public access to the research, supporting a greater exchange of scientific knowledge.
There is no charge for the postulation and later edition of the articles presented to Cuestiones Teológicas Journal.
The authors who have publications with this journal, accept the following terms:
- The authors will keep their copyrights and guarantee the journal the right for the first publication of their work, which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons recognition license that enables third parties to share the work as long as the author is mentioned and the material is not used for a commercial purpose.
- The authors may adopt other agreements for the non-exclusive license for the distribution of the version of the published work (Ex.: to deposit it in an institutional telecommunications file or to publish it in a monographic volume) as long as the initial publication in this journal is mentioned.
- It is permitted and recommended to authors to disseminate their work through the Internet (Ex.: in institutional telecommunication files or in their website before and during the delivery process, which can produce interesting exchanges and increase the references for the published work. (See the effect of open access).
The source must be stated for the total or partial reproduction of the articles.
The names and e-mails introduced in this journal will be exclusively used for the purposes stated by the journal and will not be available for any other purpose or person.
The digital preservation and restoration of the journal's archives is done automatically and the general rule of weekly copying is used; the copies are stored in an international cloud server. They are also available in the UPB Institutional Repository available at: http://repository.upb.edu.co/
This journal uses the LOCKSS system to create a file distributed among the participating libraries, enabling such libraries to create permanent files of the journal for preservation and restoration purposes. More information...